About Me

Hi there, my name is Holly Longenecker. I'm a student at The University of South Alabama, majoring in Physical Education. I'm a gymnastics coach, I love to move around and it's very hard to sit still at the computer most of the time, but I'm making it work. This is my professional blog for my EDM 310 class, I've enjoyed working on it, and I hope you enjoy reading it. :)

Friday, April 30, 2010

Mad Skills

This semester has been a trying one for me, all of my classes having a large workload. I've been lucky in the past not being so overwhelmed, but the test of time proved that it was my turn to stress. Skills such as time management, initiative, perseverance, and plain old "just doing it" are ones that I've had to apply to my life with especial care this semester.

These skills were never just "known" for me, and as a teacher, I want to make a special effort to encourage my students to fully understand self-responsibility. Some students don't come to school prepared (some of the time through no fault of their own), have poor modeling at home, and I take it upon myself to teach these children they can rise above, and make a difference for themselves, through education.

I will work as hard as I can to impress upon my students the value of others, and I truly believe that that is one of the best skills one can possess. To be able to understand where another person is coming from is one of the greatest learning experiences that exists. The collaboration that will be reaped from this will be a foundation for more learning experiences to build upon, and has the potential to reach the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment