About Me

Hi there, my name is Holly Longenecker. I'm a student at The University of South Alabama, majoring in Physical Education. I'm a gymnastics coach, I love to move around and it's very hard to sit still at the computer most of the time, but I'm making it work. This is my professional blog for my EDM 310 class, I've enjoyed working on it, and I hope you enjoy reading it. :)

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Conservative Liberalism (not the political kind?)

An oxymoron at least, and the way I feel at best, for lack of better words. I believe that a teacher should go above and beyond their "job description" all day, everyday. Reaching out to students and making a difference in one child's life is enough for me to make an "executive decision" to bend the rules? I say this because not just one, but TWO of the (most amazing) teachers that have had the most impact in my life (and decision making) have had to resort to leaving their current positions due to ignorant Zaxs!

I guess my point is, (and agreeing with Randy Pausch) we must take risks. I'm not cocky, but I WILL always have my students' best interests in mind, and if that means carrying through with something that might seem controversial, I will do what I believe in. I've signed up to teach, I'll take the tests, I'm taking on the responsibility, but rest assured, I will not hide in fear. I will not be afraid of learning, at any cost. And neither will my students. :) I love life and I want to learn as much as possible throughout my time and I will only be encouraging the same for my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment